About MJ Driver Laser Tattoo Removal
At MJ Driver, all of our technicians have undergone laser treatment themselves and can understand your predicament and relate to your needs whether that be lightening for a cover up or full removal. We will work in conjunction with your tattooer allow them to do what they do best and provide you with the best possible outcome for cover ups. Lightening a tattoo prior to a cover up gives you and your tattoo artist much more flexibility and choice in design and allows for much brighter colors for the new tattoo without the need for heavy black.
* Unlike other tattoo removal services we are “tattoo enthusiasts” and understand what it takes to deliver the best results for a quality cover-up working within and in conjunction with some of the most renowned tattoo shops in the country.
All MJ Driver clinicians are Highly Accredited, Government licensed and certified Laser professionals.
HOW LASER TATTOO REMOVAL WORKS:
A laser is designed to produce one or more specific wavelengths of light in short bursts. Tattoo ink is removed by using this specific wavelength of light that passes into the skin, but is absorbed by the ink. The rapid absorption of light energy causes the tattoo ink to break into tiny particles that can then be removed by the body’s natural filtering and immune systems. The tattoo fades gradually over a series of treatments. On average, professional tattoos require 5-8 treatments for full removal. All treatments are spaces 6 weeks apart. The number of treatments depends on a number of variables (for example: body placement, type of ink, colour etc).
Dark ( black ) and red inks will lighten the best. Oranges and purples usually lighten over time as well. Blue, green and yellow inks are the most difficult to remove and additional treatments are sometimes needed to produce significant fading. We use the GOLD STANDARD in medical lasers that allow us to lighten all colours.
OUR MEDICAL LASER EQUPIMENT:
We use the most advanced equipment in the world. With results speaking for themselves, Medlite C6 homogenous beam delivers energy evenly over the skin’s surface, minimising epidermal injury whilst reducing the amount of treatments you need. At MJ Driver, we specialise in treating all colours with personal experience and understanding. Our Lasers are used in conjunction with advanced cooling machines to help minimise discomfort during and after the treatment process. _____________________________________________________________
Why Q-Switch is better for Tattoo Removal than PicoSure?
There’s been a lot of talk (and clever marketing) recently about the new PicoSure tattoo removal technology. Some helpful tips below as to why we will not be switching from Australia’s BEST GOLD STANDARD Q-Switch Medical Laser equipment to the over advertised PicoSure. Our results speak for themselves. Don’t fall for gimmicky marketing traps.
It all comes down to physics. In a nutshell, different wavelengths have different impacts on specific colours of tattoo ink within the skin. You need a series of different wavelengths to properly hit the depth of blacks, greens, yellows, reds, and other colours. There’s no such thing as a “do-it-all” wavelength.
1064: This wavelength hits black, which is the deepest and easiest to remove.532: This wavelength hits red/orange, which is the most shallow in the skin.
The PicoSure uses one wavelength: 755. Why? In the early days of laser tattoo removal, 755 was the golden number. Although these lasers work, it doesn’t go deep enough to hit the blacks, let alone remove them. When it comes to blues and greens, the wavelength goes past them.
Still not convinced? Science speaks for itself in a 2013 study by the Journal of the Laser and Health Academy in which researchers concluded that,
“The published literature and our preliminary results seem to indicate that current “picosecond” lasers are not expected to have a significantly better tattoo clearance effect in comparison with the “gold standard” Q-switched nanosecond tattoo lasers. … It is our opinion that top-of-the-line Q-switched nanosecond lasers will remain the devices of choice for tattoo removal.”
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. We cannot treat you if you have had the sun-tanning Vitamin A injections within the last six months or if you have recent large amounts of sun exposure.
2. Have a shower prior to your laser removal treatment and be sure to eat something an hour before your appointment.
3. DOES TO HURT?: We use advanced cooling machines to help minimise discomfort during and after the laser removal treatment process. You may also use numbing cream, please ensure you apply this properly and follow the instructions of your chosen numbing product. You may arrive with numbing cream on and this will need to be removed prior to the laser removal treatment.
4. We cannot treat you if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, prone to keloid scarring, intoxicated or under strong medication such as Roaccutane etc. This will be verbally discussed with you as well as being outlined in our consent form prior to any laser removal treatment.
Be sure to follow our strict and thorough aftercare instructions as you agree to follow these upon signing our written release form, aftercare will also be discussed with you verbally and outlined very clearly to you before and after your Laser Tattoo Removal treatment. It is very important that you follow these instructions in order to produce the best possible laser treatment results. Please read our FAQ for more details on after care.
FREE CONSULTS. UNDERSTANDING. EXPERIENCE. FAIR PRICING. AUSTRALIA WIDE.
VIDEOS OF OUR TREATMENTS:
VIDEO: Mike Driver (all rights reserved)
VIDEO: Melissa Findley www.melissa-findley.com